Can anyone help me? I've been having this problem for about 2 months. Everytime I eat, I immediately get horrible stomach cramps in my upper abdomin. I begin to feel nauseus after about an hour and sometimes I vomit. This pain occurs after eating ANYTHING at all, and even when I drink water.
I had an endoscopy, which showed that the lining of my stomach and esophogus are irritated. I've been taking on omeprezole twice a day but it's not making any difference. I also had an upper GI and a sonogram, but both came back normal.
Within the past 2 days I've also been experiencing a sharp pain under my ribs on the right side, but I'm not sure if it's related.
Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong with me???

It could be galstones and an irrated gallbladder i had the same systems and thats what i had taken out.

Gastroenterologists often see patients who complain of abdominal pain after they eat. While no significant problem is detected in many of these people, such complaints deserve investigation. It is especially important to investigate this symptom in older people because the incidence of stomach cancer rises with age.

The most likely cause of pain after eating is an ulcer. The ulcer may be in the stomach or upper intestine, or duodenum. The reason for the pain may be stomach acid or food that irritates the ulcer. Alternatively, if the ulcer blocks the exit from the stomach to the duodenum (the pyloric channel), this may lead to a feeling of fullness after eating. This type of obstruction is often accompanied by nausea and vomiting after eating.

Another possibility in patients who have abdominal pain after meals -- and are afraid to eat as a result -- is blockage of the blood vessels that lead to the intestinal tract. This condition, known as chronic mesenteric insufficiency, is similar to coronary artery disease. During meals, as the demand for blood in the intestinal tract rises, the vessels are not able to supply this increased demand, and angina-like pain results. This condition is most likely to occur patients who also have blockages in other vessels, such as those in the heart, leg or neck; patients who have high blood pressure or high cholesterol; and patients who smoke.

Dont freak I pulled this off Village health, but see a doctor.

Hi There,

This sounds very much like gallstones to me. Every time you eat your gallbladder releases bile into your stomach to aid digestion, if you have gallstones they might be blocking your bile duct and therefore causing the pain. The main symptoms are pain in the upper right stomach around the rib area, back pain, acid and gas, nausea and vomiting and loss of appetite. Although gallstones cause much discomfort it is very easy to treat the condition.

Hope this helps...