I'm a 19 year old female and ever since about 4 years ago I have been having trouble eating. It has been going on and off, but has severely worsened since November last year, and as a result, I am currently taking off a semester from school since the problems have gotten pretty bad.
Along with a loss of appetite, I seem to have constant nausea, pain after eating (which worsens when I lay down), severe headaches, diziness, and pain below ribcage. I often get really anxious eating (especially in public) because of the pain and nausea that I get after I eat.
I have gone to multiple doctors, and have gone through many tests but nothing seems to be wrong. Most doctors have responded that the causes are probably due to stress, so I am also constantly going to therapy regularly, but nothing seems to be changing. So I really don't know what to do at this point, and it's just difficult starting the day with nausea, and just having so much stress along with eating.

If anyone has gone through similar problems and has gotten better, or knows of any suggestions, etc. I would really be greatful. Thank you.

Oh I know how you feel. I am also a 19 year old female and am going through the same thing. It has gotten to the point where i dont even want to go out anymore because I know I'll start getting stomachache pains. I have alot of the same symptons, but the thing is that i have acid reflex as well. If you find out what can cause this let me know.

i was looking up information and i came across your post. i'm a 16 year old girl, and i have been trouble eating because of the nausea, pain, dizziness, and occasional vomitting. i haven't gone to any doctors yet, because usually i can get the pain to stop with a tums, but i'm wondering if i should, because i am losing weight rapidly. i have some stress in my life right now, but not as much as when i'm in school. and this has just started since school got out. i'm wondering if i could have an ulcer, or if i should just wait it out and see if it goes away.
what do you think?

im a 16 year old girl too, and i have the exact same problem. and mine also just started after school ended, i had wondered if it was maybe tied in with depression.. but i've felt pretty good mentally .. just physically. i just always feel like c**p, although i find drinking lots of fluids helps, green tea like things, but other than that im just as stuck as you are. if you find anything out, let me know!

its celiacs disease!! go to the doctor, really simple sp\olution to it all. good lcuk

yeah I've had the same things too, except mine got to a point where I didn't eat for two weeks except a forced piece here and there by my step dad. I don't have an eating disorder and I'm not stressed, the doctors can't find a single thing wrong but I noticed I don't usually get it during school, but out side of school it gets worse especially when I exercise, even go for a walk. I think we don't have a solution and we have to bear with it.

I'm a 14 year old girl and i've had this for a couple of months. I went to the hospital and had a scan and it was a cyst. This is really worth getting it checked out because if the cyst stays for a certain amount of time, it can burst. When it burst it can turn into many diseases and infections. Some as serious as cancer (This isn't a lot to worry about you just need to get checked out)
Ask for a scan and blood tests. You should find out.
Half of the things that do cause cysts are Really painful periods & stress.
Both not a good mix.

Hey - I'm a 19yo male. I began experiencing symptoms that felt like motion sickness during my first semester of college: my appetite was vanished--which could be due to intense anxiety I had about going to the school cafeteria (a form of social anxiety that is specific to this certain place and is emotionally related to body image) .. I felt nausea usually when I was walking around. I was put on Zoloft to treat Social Anxiety Disorder. This did relieve some of my anxiety, but my appetite did not return and I had lost 20 lbs in 2 months. I awoke with nausea almost every single morning (except weekends when I slept in for some reason). I was also insistent that there was a physical, not just emotional component to my symptoms.

Then one night when I was out drinking, I experienced severe stomach pain and vomited blood. This is very unusual for me; and I went to the ER. The stomach pain/severe nausea persisted until my second injection of Dilaudid/Zofran (pain med/anti-emetic). They did some testing and didn't find anything.

After experiencing a second episode with the same symptoms: sudden onset of pain, nausea; I was referred to a gastroenterologist who preformed an endoscopy and colonoscopy and diagnosed 3 ulcers, esophogitis and gastritis. He also mentioned that he was monitoring me for possible Chron's Disease.

I struggled through school and had to drop a course because I would have episodes that required ER treatment about 3-4 times a month. It was incredibly debilitating and embarrassing.

I was prescribed Phenergan (anti-nausea) and Vicodin (pain med) to take as needed when I felt symptoms coming on for the attacks but I ended up throwing these meds up most of the time. I began to use marijuana more and found that it relieved my symptoms most of the time.

While I cannot offer any medical advice, I am disappointed that Pennsylvania does not offer a medical marijuana program, because this remedy is the one option I have to relieve these symptoms.

Pastelstar12:
My daughter has been suffering from the same thing for a few months now. It has taken over her life. Did you ever get a diagnosis?

this sounds exactly what i am going through right now. i am a twenty year old female, and have been feeling the same symptoms on and off for several years now. in the past couple of months, things have worsened and I have been unable to eat a substantial amount for at least a week. I went to the ER and they prescribed me nausea medication, but it hasn't really helped bring my appetite back.

I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one out there, but to respond to all of you unfortunately I still have not gotten a diagnosis, and the symptoms still seem to be continuing... it does depend from day to day but in general i just never seem to have much appetite which is resulting in weight loss.
If there are any changes or things I find out, I'll let everyone kno and I also wish the best of luck for everyone else~ please keep me updated too if you all find out anything as well!

I'm 29 and I get these symptoms when I'm stressed or anxious, I currently have nausea and I can't eat and can barely do anything because I recently moved with my husband and we have been moving a lot lately and so automatically my symptoms are trigerred, so I think for everyone feeling that way you gotta know what is causing that and try to solve it.

Im currently 16 and have problems like this,
I feel nausea and painful stomach problems
And because of this I have been kicked out of my high school

I have been in and out of specialists, Emergency rooms and Drs,
My family doctor told me it was all in my head and its not
Then I went in to the ER twice
the first time they thought it might have been an appendicitis
I had blood work done, a pelvic ultrasould, and CT scan,
and all came back relatively normal
the second was more blood work and a urine test
and they came up with nothing.

Now I am waiting on a scope
to be done by the end of the month
if they find out i will be glad to tell you so that you can see if that is what you might have

I'm 19 and have only been experiencing these symptoms for the past couple of days. I had to to to a 24hr GP last night the symptoms were so bad. I have all the same symptoms as appendicitis (which mimic the symptoms of pregnancy, especially eotopic pregnancy) loss of appetite, waves of strong nausea, dizziness, spot headaches, sore throat, swollen and sore stomach glands, lower back pain.

I was told it's either the very early stages of appendicitis, or just a virus.
The sore throat was a big calling card, because if you have a throat infection it can always travel into your stomach and, surprise surprise-make you nauseaous, dizzy, make your stomach glands swollen, steal your appetite from you and give you headaches.

i have been struggling with these symptoms for 3 years now. i have bouts where i feel dizzy, disconncted from reality and the people around me, feel like im falling, fingers fall asleep,headaches and everything sounds way to loud(TV,girlfriends voice,etc, etc..) stomach and chest "pains", trouble breathing. It is, in my case(not for everybody) i was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder...a rather severe case at that. i thought i was dying or having a heart attack. worrying what was wrong with you just fueled all the symptoms. i still have bouts with it semi annually and they are just as bad as the first ones. there are techniques that can be used, like lying on your stomach to rest or sleep, because that limits the amount of oxygen that your lungs can fill into your lungs(works for me by the way).moderate regular excercise after the symptoms have subsided, but there is no miracel cure. for each person , it is different. they tell you that anxiety is treatable, but i have not found the right treatment yet.try writing down your symptoms as they occur and reading them later when you start to feel the same way.helps assure you that you are not going to die...
if anyone has other calming techniques, please post them here.best wishes to everyone who suffers from this too.

and if people would stop saying that its this disease or that disease ,like they know for sure, its just going to cause these people more anziety and i bet 99.9 percent of you are wrong! just suggest that it MIGHT be this or that.please, you are giving me anxiety right now.lol