First I would like to say Thank God its not just me and also how bad I feel but each of you. I really thought I was going crazy. I too have severe pain after eating sometimes 10 minutes after--sometimes 1 hour after but non the less I will have pain if I dare eat. It can last 5 hours or more. I usually go to sleep and when I wake up it has subsided. I have had this pain ongoing since June 09. It is Feb 2010. I have lost 30 pounds--not trying to. At first it was just occasionally now its everytime I eat over a handful of food--I despise food now. Especially meat and I am no vegetarian and do not desire to be. I have tried to eat just saltine crackers and water and the pain kills me. The pain is like a sledge hammer was slung right below my ribs. At first the pain was a bit lower when it was not so severe. I have sever diarhea after about 2 days of this. No BM's in between. I have had endoscopy, colonoscopy, Hida Scan, ultrasounds and just last Friday CT's of abdomen and pelvis. Waiting on those results. Have been told by friends it may be gall bladder (all tests say gall bladder is fine) and Doc won't remove it. Friends tell me to go out of town and go to an ER screaming bloody murder and maybe they will remove gall bladder. I think that is not good idea. I want above anything else to be able to eat and enjoy a meal--all I can eat. I am scared to eat. By the way Ice Cream does not bother me at all. Its about all I enjoy these days. Anyone have any idea what this is? After reading these posts I have several things to ask my doctor when she calls with my results of CT

wow i am a male 38 going through the same thing almost exactly to a T my liver function has been in question but all signs look like gal troubles although all tests say not i cannot function without food yet eating kills me i bloat to the point of 5 or 6 inches beyond my normal diameter im ready to lose it my dr.s make me feal like its all in my head anything that you may find out would you please pass it on cuz im desperate to live again btw ty for the fyi on icecream ill give that a try lol

I am a 24 year old female who has been in and out of the hospital because of my pain. It all started in 2011 because I have the worst problems with my period ever and i went to the hospital with aweful cramping and was very sick!! The hospital found cysts on both ovaries and also found hydronephrosis in my right kidney. Last year I had surgery to remove my cysts and my dr found endometreosis while he was doing the surgery so he removed that as well. I also had a stent put in my ureter tube bc my right kidney had a blockage and they were trying to see if the stent would help me with my hydronephrosis. The stent was AWEFUL!!!!!! It's so painful! Nobody could pay me money to have a stent again! Also by this time I've already had about 15 kidney infections! It would not go away they kept comming back! So I was rushed to the ER because of the pain when my stent was in and was admitted because my white cell count in my urine was 125!! (it's only supposed to be from 0-5). I was in the hospital for 5 nights then got transferred to another hospital so my urologist could take my stent out because they thought that was why I was having so many infections. I had a fever of 103 he still did the surgery and I stayed overnight because my fever wouldnt drop. I left the next day with a 102 temp because the dr gave up and said I dont know whats wrong with you. I went to a new urologist and a GI Dr because I also couldnt eat without being sick. 3 months prior to all of this I had C-Difficile which is very dangerous. Throwing up, diahrea 15 times a day, couldnt eat, fever, abdominal pain. I was diagnosed with IBS as well. I've had so many problems since last year and I dont know what to do because my tests come back normal too. Except for my cysts are back on my left ovary, IBS, Miagraines, Reoccuring kidney infections, Interstitial cystitus, and hydronephrosis. I'm in a ton of pain where my gallbladder is and my right kidney feels like it's going to explode! I still can't eat without being sick or having diahrea. Everything i describe sounds like gallbladder issues even my doctors i've seen say that too!!! So now I just want them to take it out! But you guys should ask your doctor about C-Difficile and about fluid in your gallbladder.

First of all...keep a food diary for a few days, eat at your regular times if you know your body is sensitive to that kind of thing. What do you consider a "standard breakfast meal"? Is your diet a wholesome and well-rounded one? High fat content leads to colon issues, short-term and long-term. A high fat / high protein meal might upset your stomach for some time due to the more difficult process of digestion.

Second...don't eat after about 7 pm at night, and if you do, eat something light. The emptiness of your stomach at time of your 8 pm ingestion may have caused stomach stretching and basically, just a harsh tummy-ache or cramp. What did you eat? Consider what I said above. Also check into trapped gas, gallbladder issues, secretin issues...there's a million things it could be. But it's probably not serious if it just happens this once.

Third...when you eat a big meal there are gastric juices that secrete from your stomach walls as well as pancreatic juices and bile juices, etc...they are ACIDIC. Many people make the mistake of drinking milk or eating tums when they have indigestion, when they should really supplement an acidic substance.

SOLUTION...Drink 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar watered down to a 1/2 cup. If this is unavailable, drink some pickle juice (but keep in mind it might have sugar, might make it worse if you are sensitive...) If you only have white vinegar or red wine, I would water it a little more. But water will also delay digestion so keep your solution at a small volume. I might suggest a bit of coffee if you weren't trying to sleep. Vinegar is a beautiful thing! Hope this helps :)