Is there anybody who could explain to me what exactly it is measured in the complete blood count and what do the abnormal results indicate. My mom has had a blood test and all the info I could get from anybody is the abnormal results. What does it mean? Thank you heaps!

In the blood test red blood cells are measured, then white blood cells, hemoglobin (which carries oxygen), hematocrit ( percentage of red blood celss in blood) and the size of red blood cells. I have been studying some of this stuff. It was a while ago, so I hope I can remember it correctly. Abnormal results can mean higher or less number of red cells, white cells, higher or less percentage of red bloods cells and also low hemoglobin levels. Each of the abnormalities have it’s possible causes and can indicate a variety of disorders. Sorry, I can’t help you more. About the rest, you need to talk to your family.