Hi, I am 25 years old female and my doctor ordered me to make blood analysis as I complained on tiredness, sleepy and bad appetite. When I get my report from blood analysis I saw that my HCT and HGB are low. I would like to know what it means. Thank you for any suggestion.

Hi, HCT is hematocrit or percentage of red blood cells in the blood. It is one of the parameters which may tell us that someone has anemia. HGB is hemoglobin, component of blood which is carrier of oxygen. When these to parameters are low it means that someone suffers from anemia. It means that you have to improve number of your blood cells and HGB which is part of red blood cell.

Hello there ardyth,

Since cristina has already answered your question now you are aware, even before you went to your doctor, that you are anemic. This is not that serious so don’t panic. My sister is anemic also and you just need to improve your nutrition a little bit.

First of all you need to increase intake of the iron into your organism. You can find it in the spinach. Meat is also obligatory in your diet and as soon as you start with improvement of your diet the sooner your blood tests will improve.

Also it would be wise to increase intake of vitamins for anemia and drink a lot of fluids. I hope that you will improve your blood.

Never heard of HCT or HGB, but I have the same sysmtons.

Should we look for cancer cell .