Hi! recently I had spirometry test. What are normal values? My doctor didn’t tell me anything, because I will have some other tests. Please tell me what abnormal values mean.

Hi! Spirometry measures how well the lungs exhale. This test is useful in diagnosing certain types of lung disorders, but is most useful when assessing for obstructive lung diseases, especially asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Normal values are based upon the age, height, ethnicity, and sex of the person being tested. Normal results are expressed as a percentage. A value is usually considered abnormal if it is less than 80% of the predicted value for that person. Abnormal results usually mean that a degree of chest or lung disease may be present. I hope that you are satisfied with information. If you have more than 80%, there isn’t reason for worry.

Hello there,

Since the poster above me has already answered your question I believe that additional information is not something that you need. So I would like to ask you do you feel any symptoms. Do you have problem with your lungs in any way? It is possible that you feel just fine and that your doctor is just checking your overall health.

I hope that this is the case and that you are not going to be diagnosed with any kind of the lung disease. Keep us informed about further events. Good luck.