I just got my blood test results. I did the test because I was feeling extremely tired and weak for past 2-3 weeks. I wasn’t sure what is it, so I decided to see a doctor. He ordered blood test and here are the results. I have a low hemoglobin level, a low red blood cell count and a low hematocrit. What does it mean?

I think that normal hemoglobin count is 14-17 for men and 12-16 for women. Most people still feel well with a hemoglobin count as low as 10, however, people with a low hemoglobin level have anemia. When there is a low hemoglobin level, there is a low red blood cell count and a low hematocrit, too. Anemia occurs when your blood doesn't have enough hemoglobin (a protein in your red blood cells that carries oxygen from your lungs to the rest of your body). A common cause of anemia is not having enough iron because your body needs iron to make hemoglobin. I guess that the reason why you are feeling like this.