Hi, in the last couple of months, I’ve been having some strange symptoms. I have shortness of breath, which was never happening before, and constant weakness. I was reading about those symptoms on the internet, and I suspect that I have anemia. Could these symptoms indicate anemia?

Well, I have the same symptoms and I am anemic. Since I was a kid, I was pale and weaker than the other kids were. Few years ago, I discovered what was the problem all that time. I had a blood test, and it turned out that I had anemia. They measured my red blood cells and the hemoglobin level, and the results showed clearly what was my problem. Since that, I’m on diet with readily available iron and iron supplementation. I eat lot of meat, serial and vegetables. I was also receiving iron injections for the first couple of weeks. I feel much better now, almost like a new person. It’s strange to live without symptoms of anemia. Weakness, fatigue and shortness of breath are gone, and I’m relieved.