Hello, I need some help with my kid's health issues. He has been diagnosed with juvenile dermatomyositis and I have to say that even though it looked like something serious, he is feeling well now, but there is some other problem now. His heart rhythm is abnormal, could it be connected to JDMS?

There might be a connection, because it might be a reaction to the condition or what is also possible, it might be some sort of the allergic reaction to the steroids that are usually given for JDMS. Whatever the case, if the doctor was not notified you have to inform him of the current situation, perhaps there is a need for the immediate intervention.

Dear kristin,

All the rheumatic diseases are autoimmune in nature and so they are systemic diseases. The skin, organs, nerves, etc. can be affected and cardiac arrhythmias surely can exist. They also can exist with rheumatoid arthritis.

Since your message was a year ago I will quit, but you can drop me a line if you get this.....if you want.

Yours, Norsk10