Can you give me the symptoms of plurasy? I feel that I have come down with this Wed. and it left me with a tight chest, chills in the middle of the night, and severe pain like in my kidneys.

Well, the most common pleurisy symptoms are pain in the CHEST area, problems breathing, dry cough and fever and chills. The symptoms usually depend upon underlying disease i.e cause.
Pleurisy is usually caused by viral or bacterial infection but it is also a consequence of pneumonia, tuberculosis, as well as some systemic diseases like systemic lupus rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, liver and kidney disease, heart failure, pulmonary embolism but it may also be a drug reaction.
Since you experienced pain in the kidney area, I reckon you should see a doc and have some tests done. Kidney problems can also cause fever and chills.

Hey all,
I have symptoms similar to that, and ive been sick with a cold for about 11 or 12 weeks now i've seen three doctors, who put me on atibiotics that didn't work, and from coughing too hard i've sprained my ribs or something, from coughing too hard and for a long time. The doctors havnt done any tests besides temperature and looked at throat and ears. And it hurts a lot on chest even when I don't cough. Is there anything I can do to get the doctors to listen to me?

Thanks
funne_girly

i have a pin in my left chest like a pinching feeling and also have a runny nose and a touch of a cough.

help, I feel exactly the same, I've had a cough for 6 weeks. My right hand side ribs are killing me, I'm in lots of pain. Doc thinks i've pulled my muscle from all the coughing. Got a really bad cold, the worst i've had, congested when i lay down running all over when i sit up. Im 2 days into antibiotics and feel just as bad, when i'm in bed I can feel myself wheezing. Is this viral or more serious, feeling very very run down. x x

I have been coughing for a week now, and I thought I had pulled a muscle in my ribs. I have a pain in the right side of my ribs just under my breast, which absolutely kills when I cough or sneeze. It hurts a bit when I breath. Had the pain for 3 days now.

When I saw the Dr, he had a listen and said it might be pluerasy, and if not treated could turn into pneumonia. He was sure it was definitely an infection in my lungs.

He prescribed me some antibiotics and sent me for a chest xray. Will be a few days before I get the results.

What I have learnt is that if pain persists for 2 days, go see a Dr. You can always get a second or third opinion.

I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleurisy