Hello everyone,

I am pretty scared right now and I don't know what to do. 

I've been diagnosed with heart fluttering not so long ago and during the past month I've had episodes of unconsciousness. This can't be good for as far as I know, losing your consciousness is connected to a problem with your heart or even with your brain.

What should I do, what can I do? Is this a treatable thing or do I have to get used to these episodes of unconsciousness? I hope not, it's not very pleasant feeling like you just waked up and realize that you actually passed out.

Hi Health n Joy,

First of all, I would recommend you to calm down. Additional stress can contribute to your current condition and make these passing out episodes more frequent. Stay positive.

Fainting is a common sign of having a slow heartbeat or having a rapid heartbeat. You are going to have these episodes of unconsciousness until you find a way to treat your problem with heart fluttering.

Have you told your doctor about these episodes you are having? You should if you haven't done it already for he might give you some medications that could stop these episodes, I wouldn't know myself which one to recommend you.

Hey guys,

I don't want to scare you even more further, Health n Joy, and Alan is really right when saying that additional stress can harm you even more, but this thing with having episodes of unconsciousness can be really dangerous.

Fainting from a heart rhythm disorder is more likely to happen suddenly and without warning than fainting from other causes, such as dehydration or low blood sugar. Any sudden loss of consciousness should be evaluated by a doctor. In some cases, fainting is the only warning sign of a dangerous heart rhythm that could cause sudden cardiac death. 

You need to treat your condition somehow.

Hey everyone, Well, when you say it like that, Adria, anyone would be afraid, even myself, and I am not easily frightened. It's normal to have episodes of unconsciousness if you are diagnosed with heart fluttering but if you didn't already tell your doctor this, you need to do it as soon as you get the chance. Even though it happens often to people with heart fluttering, it can be a sign of something very dangerous, like Adria said, so it would be wise to do some additional tests and check everything out. Stress can harm you furthermore so try to stay calm.

Hey there. I believe that someone already mentioned that you need to be calm and try not to be stressed about it because stress itself can cause a huge damage to your health generally. Now you are having classic symptoms of this disease. I know that many people are thinking that dizziness, fainting or heart flutter are the only symptoms of it, but as you can see – they are not. Symptoms also can include shortness of breath, chest discomfort, chest pain, tiredness, exultation, etc. I really hope that you already informed your doctor about it, but I am almost sure that this is a very common in this stage.

Hey there.

Well my little sister is diagnosed with heart fluttering as well. We did what was in our power to give her the best doctors who will find the best treatment options for her. After a while she started to feel bad and she started to have episodes of unconsciousness as well. We were really scared, especially she was scared so we went to consult her doctor.

He told us that it is normal for us to be afraid but that those episodes are really common for every patient. Actually, he told us that there are so little patients who didn’t have this.

Hey guys. I really can’t believe that I found this topic because today I was talking with my friend who told me that his girlfriend is diagnosed with heart fluttering recently. When I asked him if he is OK, is he fine, he told me that he has some weird feeling that he can’t describe. I now believe that he has this, just like you do. So I am glad to found this topic and I am going to be very happy to tell this to him.

So, want to thank you in his name.

Have a nice day there. 

Hello friends. Yes, like others told you it is very common to all patients who are diagnosed with heart fluttering. It is nothing that weird. I can tell you that one guy that I know usually had episodes of unconsciousness while he was treated from heart fluttering. When he was calm or when he was doing nothing, he never had those episodes. But as soon as he started to exercise – it happens. He was scared but now that is normal for him. But he went to see his doctor when he started to faint. Now when this happen he just stop with his exercising. It helps.