My son has had a lot of unexplained medical problems in his short life. He is five years old now, and I am sure you will find it difficult to believe that I was actually relived after a diagnosis of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis was finally made. I hate to see him in so much pain. To be honest, I was expecting better results from the medication. Are there any people here in the same boat? How do you help your kid when they are in so much pain from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?

Arthritis is such a horrible disease! I have been suffering for a while now, but I am in my late sixties. I can't imagine what it must be like for a little kid. I am so sorry your son is suffering so much. The only thing that has really helped me so far is medicinal marijuana, which does a lot to relieve the pain. I am not sure if you would consider this, but I just wanted to add my two cents.

Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate an answer from someone who knows what it is like to live with arthritis. Can you tell me more about your treatment? Do you actually have to smoke a joint? Because I don't think that would be very appropriate for my small son. But if they are pills or something, I would definitely look into it. Thanks again.

It sounds very much to me as though you have little to loose and possibly a great deal to gain by taking him to a good naturopath or homeopath.

Modern medicine is great at diagnosis, pain relief, and other hi tech stuff, like surgery when needed, but frankly, I am very disillusioned with typical treatment regimes for many diseases. (Steroids, basically.)

He could have very specific nutritional needs, he could have allergies that is causing an excessive auto-immune response, there are any number of herbal, nutritional, and homeopathic supplements that might be beneficial.

Ask a knowledgeable friend in your area for a recommendation. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows a really good natural health practitioner.

"Guest" said exactly what I was going to.

Drugs are designed to cover up the symptoms, whereas naturopathy is designed to treat the cause of the symptom by healing the entire body. Drugs for pain or arthritis will do nothing but cause more problems for the poor child.

I'm sure with the guidance of a naturopathic doctor he will lead a much better quality life!