Hello everyone,

I've been doing a lot of reading online, but I decided I would like some advice/opinions based on my actual experience to help figure out my situation.

I've been one of those girls who has had extremely regular periods. I can peg the start of my periods down to what day they are going to start and around what time in that day it should start. Also, I always feel exactly the same before my period starts: strong cramps in my lower abdomen (enough to beg for a heating blanket, lol), aching back pains, and bloating.

Well, my last period started on April 23. After my period ended, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex several times in the weeks to come, and he didn't pull out when he finished. For the past two weeks, I've been experiencing some mild cramping (however the cramping has subsided since the weekend), and about a week and a half ago I started experiencing sore breasts, especially my nipples. I have never felt anything like it--I've never had sore breasts before.

Then yesterday, on May 19 (two days before my period should have started, and I never have early periods), I noticed that I was spotting which is unusual for me, as I always start my period with a bang (sorry for such graphic details, but my flow always starts pretty heavy). I didn't even need a tampon. I decided to use one for over night, just in case, however. When I woke up (6 hours later), the tampon was saturated; however, my flow seems to have since stopped today. Now I am only barely spotting, and it is brown/tinged with a bit of blood.

Not only is my flow VERY different than usual, but I am not cramping at all, nor am I experiencing aching back pains, which I'm not complaining about at all, lol, but is definitely not normal for me. But my breasts are still tender, they have been for almost 2 weeks.

I am 22--my boyfriend and I are not TTC, but it definitely would not be the end of the world if we had managed. I guess I should take a test in a couple of days? However, what I want to know is, does this type of period rule out pregnancy for me? Or is there still a chance that I could have conceived?

Thank you so much for your time, and sorry for the long message.

Hi:
Thanks for all of the info. It make it easier for us to be helpful. I think that there is a strong chance that you conceived. All of the pieces were in the right places for it to happen, based on your info. However, you will not have a definite answer until you take a test. That's really all that you can do, but it will stop your worry, I hope. The guessing game will drive you crazy. Try to relax until you get test results. Please let us know how things are going. Best wishes to you.

Well pregnancy test is what you need. So wait couple of days and take on. You have good chance for getting pregnant, but this does not have to be the thing here. Like you said you have had very regular period (on of most regular that i have heard :-) ) and this really might set you off. But i think that you will be ok. Keep us posted.

Hi:
Did you take the test yet? I'd really like to know what you found out. If you are, how do you feel about it. If you are not, do you still have the same symptoms? I hope that you have some answers by now. Have you considered BC if you are not using any at this time? Is there a reason that you choose not to use BC? Have you had a bad experience with any of it. I hope that you will update me on how you are doing. I hope that all is well now.

Ok. This made me think alot