i took several digital pregnancy test tests and all came up positive i took one to show my boyfriend as he did not beleive me and as i took the test i came on my normal perod (it was 3 days late and the test said not pregnant). also last month i experienced brown spotting a week before my period was due. I feel slightly sick and have cramping like my normal period. just before my normal period came this month i also had a brown discharge. could i have had a chemical pregnancy? i was really hoping this time round i would be pregnant!

Hello, well those home pregnancy test are 95 % accurate. So i think that you are actually pregnant because the tests came back positive. Just make sure you take a test in the morning when you wake up and you will have the most accurate results. Anyhow, maybe the best way would be to do a blood test, they are 99% accurate. So that way you can be absolutely sure whether you are pregnant or not. From my point of view you are pregnant. Hope this helps and that you get the answer you want. 

thank you for your answer but are you sure?

like i also said im currently having my normal period. i thought you couldnt have a period while being pregnant. it may be tmi but i have small clots and its my normal medium to heavy flow. my last period just the same just a little late with brown discharge a week before i just find it really hard to believe i could still be pregnant while having a completely normal period =/ im honestly driving myself insane with worrying. and i know i should probably go to the doctors but i cant bare to waste any ones time with something so unimportant as my worrying if im pregnant, when other people might have worse things happening. i feel pregnant but ive had no other symtoms apart fro a slight sick feeling and slightly sore breasts...

Hi worried,

You are correct. You can't have a normal period if you are pregnant. There can be bleeding however. If you're seeing clots and have the same flow then it is unlikely you are pregnant, but...

The tests are very accurate. False positives are VERY rare. There is a chance that you suffered an early miscarriage. It would explain the positive results and the period. These are far more common than most women realize.

Good luck.