My husband and I recently decided to 'try' to have children. My period isn't due for a few more days, but I have noticed cramping in my lower abdomen. The cramping is quite steady and noticeable...and has been happening for about a week now. Nothing too harsh...just like minor menstrual cramps. I took a pregnancy test...but it was negative. I have had no other symptoms...except for a bit of nausea in the evening...but this is something I get when I don't eat for a while.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

The thing is that implantation cramping doesn’t last for a week. It may last that day as well as the bloody spotting. These two symptoms indicate that an implantation has occurred i.e that a fertilized egg has entered the uterus lining and is ready to grow now. However, these two symptoms are not always present and it doesn’t have to mean that if you haven’t experienced them that you didn’t get pregnant.

However, your week-long cramps remind me more of a pre-menstrual cramping rather than implantation cramping but like someone once said, you never know with pregnancy.

Nausea can also occur before periods due to excessive estrogen in your body.

The only thing you can do is wait for your period and if it doesn’t arive, do a test 1 or 2 days following the supposable start of your period.

Before I found out that I was pregnant I was about 1 week late and experiencing extreme cramping in my lower abdomen..It was really bad, like excruciating I wasnt sure If I was getting my period or if i was constipated.

My period is due today, and for the past week or so i have also had lower cramps, and headaches and sore breasts. Im 24 and had a miscarraige 4mths ago, had lower pain, but a bit more severe. like having done a heap of situps at one time. Ive taken the preg tests that say you can check so many days before your next period and so many days after conception date (if known), and all come up neg. Even yesterdays said neg. Im due today. I want to know if im preg or if ive had a miscarraige again if i bleed after a positive test. Is cramps normal though?
romanajane

Hi, Im 18 and i have a 2 year old. I have never used birth control and this month of april I decided to get pregnant, my first day of my period was march 31, and I didnt took care of my self since we decided to have a nother baby, I have been experiencing lower back pane and cramping, also my breast hurt a little, I feel like minor cramps on my breast. I want to know if i could be pregnant, and i dont want to take a test right know because my test from my first soon always came out negative. my email is _[removed]_