I have never gotten my period on time or regulary, last time I had it was in August. Within the past two weeks my breasts have been so sore, I can't sleep on my stomach, I cant go without wearing a bra at all times, or I will probably cry. I never expierenced this when I had my perioud so I do not think that it is me getting my period. I get really sore legs & wrists (which I do not know if that has anything to do with pregnancy), I can hardly sleep at night and I have had a couple headaches within the past 2 weeks.
I have taken 5 pregnancy tests 3 different brands and they have all been negative except one that was invalid (had a very weak line). I do not know what to do, I do not have insurance, just moved, and I do not want to go to the hospital. But I have read that some women do not have the right hormone levels to take home pregnancy tests, and some of them find out a lot later in their pregnancy that they are really pregnant. I do not know what else to do, so hopefully you can help me :-D

You do have some signs. The sore legs and wrists could be due to fluid retention.

Try another test. Use your first morning urine as it is more concentrated and follow the directions to the letter.

The test measures a hormone, hCG, that is made by the embryo, not the mother. The hormone level should be high enough to be detected within a week or two of your period being due.

If it is still negative you could try a blood test.

Hope it helps.

I have taken 2 in the morning, and they still came out negative. I have also called a doctor actually a few and they all said that just because I think I might be pregnant they wouldnt recommend paying for a blood test just yet. So should I wait a week and re-test? After reading online I have seen that some women do not produce the hormone levels as fast as others so could it be that I just have too low of a level? My one friend took like 10 tests over 3 weeks until she finally got a positive result. Also what tests would you recommend?

Any of the name brand tests should be fine.

Your last period was in August. When do you think you would have conceived?

I would have conceived in January or early February. My period has never been regular and I have only been showing signs for abot 2 weeks now.

January or early February would probably make you too early to test, hard to say without a regular period.

Wait until about a month after you think you conceived. By then the test should be accurate.

medic dan you seem to know what you are talking about and i winder i yu can help me. vi have been fels similiar to that of guest with few other symtoms  ifi concieved it would hve been deceber 222011 and im feeling not myself at all one test has already shown negative and according to you it wa too soon any way. how much longer do i wait as i do not know when o expect my periid. it has always been iregular more now since coming off the depo shot in march 2011  can you help me figue outhis out i an also bleeding nwo a n almostnormal flow however i was doing it also for 2months from 19th oct to dec 21. doctors say it is all to do with the shot

Hi Filly,

Did you have sex on Dec. 22 and is that why you say you may have conceived then?  Actually the dates can be off that's why I ask.

You'd need to wait at least 2 weeks, I'd go at least 3, after having sex before testing.  If you were to get pregnant, it takes some time for the level of hCG, a hormone made by the fetus, to rise high enough to be detected by the home tests.  Usually, this is ON or AFTER your period was due.  Since yours is irregular, go by time.  You can test any time now and it should be reliable.

Coming off of Depo it can take some time for your period to "settle" down.

You might try to figure out when you ovulate, using Basal Body Temperature.  It may be a bit more accurate for now.

Hope it helps.

yes 22 i would have concieved i took a test a wee ago ad was negative  te bleeding havbeen having is slowed a lot and its nit bright red so idk what it is from depo or period. and have several symptoms breasts and body paind cramp ocasional headaches and very tired so i have tests ready but always hear to wait til missed period but idk when it is. its ben 18days since concieved? and idk if hat is enough time or should wait week more o month? 

2-3 weeks should be enough time.

Your doctor can do a blood test. An ultrasound can also be used.

The continuous bleeding can be making you tired. Your doctors should be able to help.