Few days ago I noticed some skin changes at my leg. At first I thought that it will disappear but it did not. It only became worst. I went to my doctor and he told me that I have an abscess. I would like to know more information about this. Thank you.

An abscess is a collection of pus collected in a cavity formed by the tissue on the basis of an infectious process. It is usually caused by bacteria or parasites. However, it can also be caused by other foreign materials. It is basically a defensive reaction of the tissue to prevent the spread of infectious materials to other parts of the body. Pus is a collection of local dead tissue cells, white blood cells, infecting organisms or foreign material and toxins released by organisms and blood cells. The final structure of the abscess is an abscess wall. This wall is formed by the adjacent healthy cells in an attempt to build a barrier around the pus that limits the infected material from surrounding structures. The abscess should be inspected to see if a surgical removal is needed and to identify if foreign objects are a cause. Surgical drainage of the abscess is usually done once the abscess has developed from a harder serous inflammation to a softer pus stage. For any additional information regarding your case, I advise you to visit your doctor.

hi ,

i had an operation on my hips for abscess a week ago and the pain still bothers alot and was told that ,, it will take a month or more to recover, but the thing what i noticed i got another abscess which is other side on hip nd very small so is there any antibiotics that i can use to cure ,, please advice

thanks