I have noticed some changes around my anus some time ago so I went to my doctor. He examined me and told me that I have developed perianal abscesses. Even though my doctor gave me some information about my condition, I would like to know more.

Perianal abscesses can be seen in patients with inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn's disease or diabetes. The abscess is basically a defensive reaction of the tissue to prevent the spread of infectious materials to other parts of the body. The abscess usually starts as an internal wound caused by ulceration or hard stool. This wound then becomes infected as a result of the normal presence of feces in the rectal area. After that, it develops into an abscess. This usually presents itself as a lump of tissue near the anus. As the time passes, this lump grows larger and it becomes more painful. Like other abscesses, perianal abscesses may require prompt medical treatment. This includes an incision and debridement or lancing. I hope that you will be ok and that the information that I gave you will be helpful enough.