i have this pimple like bump on one of my tonsils. it hurts when my tongue/food comes into contact with it. before i felt it i thought it waas a sore thoat because it bothered me when i swallowed, but then i realized it only bothered me when the food or my tongue came into contact with it....so i checked it out with one of my fingers and it feels like a pimple. please help.

I don’t know what your bump may be but once I had a bacterial infection in my mouth that infected the tissue around my right tonsil and formed pus abscess there.
I developed fever, and had so much pain with swallowing. The area around the tonsils was all red and swollen. I had problems opening my mouth as well.
I went to see an ENT, and he had to drain that pus from the abscess and I got some antibiotics by injection as I was given more to take orally. Luckily, he gave me an anesthetic before draining the abscess, otherwise I would probably faint.
I hate all sorts of dentists and oral doctors. My doc recommended removing the tonsils to avoid recurrent episodes but I thanked no then but am thinking about it. I think the disease was called cellulitis or something like that.
I don’t know if this could be your case, but I would certainly advise you to have it looked at as soon as possible.

My son has had a fever for a couple days, so we took him to the doctor. she looked in his mouth, and said the pimple-looking red spots around the arch by the tonsils was textbook Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease (not foot & mouth). Also called Coxsackie.

Your description sounds like that. it is really contagious, but other than that, I think it goes away on its own. typically 3-5 days, is what the doctor said.

Your tonsils have folds in the surface which catch bacteria and sometimes food and other debris.  You most likely have "tonsilitis" which is just inflammation of the tonsil.  Basically it is like a pimple.  An infection due to buildup of bacteria and debris in the tonsil.  You can rinse w/ hot salt water but, if you feel like your throat is swollen or you are having pain you should see an MD for eval and likely an antibiotic.

I had this done Saturday, probably the worst pain I've ever had.... It is very important to have it taken care of...