Hi, I'm 20 years old and I have a problem with my gums. A week ago I have noticed redness and pain on the gums in my lower jaw on the side of one of my rear teeth. Some kind of a bump appeared and it started growing. It was soft but painful, and it was also full of pus, so I decided to squeeze the pus out. With a lot of pain and tears I managed to squeeze it out but the pain didn’t go away and the growth started growing again with pus inside of it. Does anyone know what is this thing in my mouth and how do I get rid of it?

The symptoms you have described, and by what you told us about the growth and what's in it makes me think that you have a condition called the dental abscess or abscess of gums. Abscess can be potentially dangerous if left untreated. The causes can be many, but in essence bacteria that are normally found in your mouth found some way into your gums and caused an infection there. The bodies immune system managed to localize the infection on one place and it formed a membrane, a capsule around it filling it with pus. The pus and the pressure it was making on the healthy tissue caused the pain. Abscess usually has to be drained to be completely cured and after draining it antibiotics have to be taken. You drained the abscess yourself but since you didn’t have the right medical treatment the abscess has gotten reinfected. This could be a potentially dangerous situation that may result in falling out of one or more of your teeth so it is very important that you visit your dentist as soon as possible and ask him for advice and treatment.