I am trying to find why I am leaking cirus fluid after breaast cancaer surgery, first surgery was in Nov then infedtion treated and later had to do a wound revision and now after second surgery incision is leaking fluid what is it and why? Thanks

Breast cancer surgery involves the removal of adjacent lymph nodes in addition to the breast tissues. Without the lymph nodes, the lymphatic fluid cannot recirculate back to the lymphatic system, and leaks out at the surgical site due to the excessive pressure inside. Drain tubes are often used to relieve this serous exudate.

My mother aged around 76 years has undergone breast cancer surgery 3 years ago. Presently there is some fluid leak from her arm.(leak is not from the scar) Can you please advise us on the possible reasons for the same.

this guest posted on 7/22 EXACTLY what i am going through. i ha a mastecomy a year ago april. dr. went back into incision sight to remove a lump. this lump was an enlarged lympnode wrapped in scar tissue. 3 weeks later my scar got a tiny hole and a bunch of liquid drained out. surgeon went back into the same sight to ? scrape it and clean it out. another 3 weeks and my scar has now 2 holes with fluid draing out. and hurt!  like a 17 on a scale of 1 to 10.  hardening of tissue under arm in scar area.  which by the way the scar area is in a double burn area with radiation.  the liquid that is coming out is making little irratating blisters that itch and burn beyond belief. i am figuring we can't get healed because the cells are so messed up from the radiation. and the pain dr. says is because of the radiated nerve endings. on 2 different pain meds with an anti nausia med. supposed to be taken every 6 hours but i can't make it past 4 and a half to 5 without taking another dose. and talk about constipation! anyone else, does any of this sound familiar?

I had a terrible time with fluid build-up after my mastectomy. My oncological surgeon aspirated my chest area 6 times three weeks apart, then one evening I touched my chest and five pounds of fluid came out!
(I know because I had just weighed before this happened.)

The only thing that "cured " the problem was hyperbaric oxygenation treatments (60 of them). HBO healed the ruptured skin.

I had a section of my colon removed due to diverticulitis.

I had been nauseated a week before surgery and now 3 weeks out from surgery I am still slightly nauseated.

The bottom third of my incision turned pink, I was put on antibiotics and the surgeon manipulated the incision so it could drain and he called it cirus fluid,  not pus.

Is this normal

Yes. The serous exudate that drained from the incision is devoid of blood cells, and helped flush out any harmful bacteria that may have entered through the incision. Pus, on the other hand, is a collection of dead white blood cells (neutrophils) that had perished fighting invading bacteria, and is therefore a sign of ongoing infection. The fact that you don't have any pus is a good sign.