Hi everyone,

This is the first time ever I hear about a plaque called Vulnerable plaque.

A friend of mine told me just yesterday that he has this and I did a little research about it because it was the first time ever I heard about it. I didn't understand anything so I would appreciate if someone took their to explain this to me. What is this Vulnerable plaque and how is it treated? I found some info saying that there is currently no way to identify a culprit lesion before it ruptures, but my friend told me that he was diagnosed with this.

Hi Health n Joy,

Vulnerable plaque represents a collection of white blood cells and lipids in the wall of an artery that is really unstable and prone to produce sudden major problems such as a heart attack or stroke.

A single ruptured plaque can be identified during autopsy as the cause of a coronary event, but I don't think that there's really a way of successfully diagnosing one with vulnerable plaque so I'm not sure why would your friend's doctor tell that to him.

Since it cannot be diagnosed, it cannot be treated, one could only try to prevent it eating a proper diet, not smoking and so on.

Hi you two,

Adria has a point here, Health n Joy, I don't think either that vulnerable plaque is diagnosable. Because artery walls typically enlarge in response to enlarging plaques, these plaques do not usually produce much stenosis of the artery lumen. Therefore, they are not detected by cardiac stress tests or angiography, the tests most commonly performed clinically with the goal of predicting susceptibility to future heart attack.

I agree with Adria as well that the only thing you can do about this matter is try to prevent it. Keeping blood glucose levels low and exercising more often could help as well.

Hey everyone,

It is indeed very weird that he was diagnosed with this condition. Although, in contrast to conventional angiography, cardiac CT angiography does enable visualization of the vessel wall as well as plaque composition. There are numerous tests used to see if you are prone to having a heart attack but there aren't really any good ones for detecting vulnerable plaques.

A person could try to prevent it but I don't see the meaning of it. If you want to live healthy, live healthy. If not, just don't, but you are going to have a lot of problems like this one, and your heart might be in constant danger.

Good day everyone. Well, a vulnerable plaque is actually a kind of atheromatous plaque and that is a collection of white blood cells and lipids in the wall of an artery. That is particular unstable and prone to produce some major problems such as stroke or heart attack.

I am not so sure that there is a cure for it. You can just try not to make it worse. Somebody already told you that you can try good diet program and proper way of eating.

I am sure that this can help you in the treatment or preventing stroke. 

Good luck.

Hi everyone. I need to tell you that this is a very good topic. I think that vulnerable plaque is not treatable but there are a few options that your doctor can prescribe you. Inflammation leads to the development of a soft vulnerable plaque in the coronary.

This type of plaque is known that does not bulge out and block blood flow through the artery. It is actually found inside the artery wall. It has a big number of inflammatory cells. Sometimes when the prone is ruptured it can lead to a heart attack or stroke like others already told you.

Hello guys, so doctors don't believe that vulnerable plaque is formed in the following way. Here we go. Well, fat droplets are absorbed by the artery which causes the release of the protein that can lead to the inflammation. This protein makes the artery wall very sticky and it attracts immune – system cells.

When we are talking about the treatment it can be treated with medicines and usually doctors will prescribe medicines to treat it. But I am not sure that it can be treated, you just can keep it under the control. Of course if this is successfully diagnosed.  

Have a nice day.

Hello everyone. So far I am familiar with two effective ways of the treatment. One of my friends was using some Zaman therapy that contains the drugs such as lipid – lowering and antioxidant drugs that are there to help you stabilize the plaque by reducing the lipid content, harden the fibrous tissue and to reduce MMP activity in the plaque. In this therapy there are a few antibiotics that are helpful.

But that is the only therapy that I know. She is using it for a couple of years and it is very effective as I can see.

Have a nice day.