My boyfriend has a prostate infection, can you tell me how what are the symptoms of prostate infection. I am afraid that it can lead to cancer. He recently found out that his anal glands are swollen. Is that related to infection? How it can be treated.

From what I understand that really is no cure. He should, but I guess he already did, seek medical attention. Symptoms of prostate infection are: urinary burning or pain, difficulty passing urine, difficulty or pain when starting urination, pains in your genital area, pain with ejaculation….I don’t know about swollen anal glands. I think that it isn’t related to prostate infection, although it can be symptom of some STD. He should check that.

Ummm... Humans do not have anal glands... sounds like Romeo has hemorrhoids or some whack STD.

coultas  here read. The anal glands are located in the wall of the anal canal. They secrete into the anal canal via anal ducts which open into the anal crypts along the level of the dentate line. The glands themselves are located at varying depths in the anal canal wall, some in between the layers of the internal and external sphincter (the intersphincteric plane). The cryptoglandular theory states that obstruction of these ducts, presumably by accumulation of foreign material (e.g. fecal bacterial plugging) in the crypts, may lead to perianal abscess and fistula formation. [4] [5]

this is an article that that says humans do have anal glands. know what your talking about please before you post