Hello. First I want to tell that I have never had any problems with digestive problems before.
I'm 27 years old male.
Just the other day I felt really strong and diffused pain in my abdomen. I couldn’t localize pain correctly and I felt pain almost in my whole abdomen wall.
Of course, my husband took me to my doctor immediately and he determined that only surgeon could help me.
Surgeon said that my pains were caused by inflammation of appendix wermiformis, some part of bowel and immediately performed an operation. My pains were gone but I would like to find out more about this condition. Also, I have a big scar from operation and I was wondering could he perform laparoscopy instead?
Thanks!

I can say only that appendicitis is one of the most severe digestive complications.
Appendicitis is inflammation of the appendix.
It is thought that appendicitis begins when the opening from the appendix into the cecum becomes blocked. Appendix is one very important organ because it contains a lot of lymphatic tissue with lymphocytes-defense cells of human body.
The main symptom of appendicitis is abdominal pain. If discovered early this could be very easy-treatable condition but there are some very serious complications.
The most frequent complication of appendicitis is perforation. Perforation of the appendix can lead to a periappendiceal abscess or diffuse peritonitis- inflammation of peritoneum.
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure wherein a small fiber optic tube with a camera is inserted into the abdomen through a small puncture made on the abdominal wall and it definitely makes a smaller scar!