Hi. I'm 45 year old female and I have recently noticed that I have some skin redness underneath my left breast.
I thought it was caused by skin irritation. This occurred to me earlier and it was caused by skin to skin friction.
But, with time, this irritation caused me pain and unpleasant feeling. After a week or so, I have palpated one palpable mass under that redness and I become very frightened because I thought it was some tumor because I heard they are very common among women my age.
What else could it be?

Well. I can say a few thing about this because I was diagnosed with a breast cancer called fibroadenoma.
I can say only that I have also palpated one mass in my breast but I felt no pain or skin redness what so ever.
So, I would say that you possibly have some usual and very common condition called breast abscess.
An abscess is a space filled with pus that can appear on the skin or inside the body. Most abscesses form just under the skin and are the result of a bacterial infection.
There are several microorganisms that can cause this but Staphylococcus aureus and streptococcal species are the most common organisms isolated in breast abscesses.
Dicloxacillin by mouth or oxacillin intravenously is the most common therapy.