I've had shortness of breath since 2-16-16 I went to the ER 2-19-16 they stated it was Anxiety, they prescribed me something for Anxiety, but the medication didn't work, I went to the ER again 3-12-16 they did a CT scan they said my lungs were fine, but possible inflammation so they gave me 600mg of ib profen still that also didn't work, I went to see a pulmonary doctor he had a Pulmonary function test done and said all looked good, I've went to see a Cardiologist they did a calcium Ct scan it came back clear, they also requested a Echo and a Stress Echo with blood work, I'm still waiting to have the Stress Echo before I go back to see the Cardiologist, but in the mean time, I hate that I feel out of breath like there isn't air to breath, does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? its going on a month and a half and none of these doctors can seem to find out what it is

I don't have any good news to give you but if it makes you feel any better I have been like that since April of 2015 and no one has found anything either. It began with what felt like a cold coming one evening, by morning there was no cold but the congestion was still there. Then what was normally coughing up stuff from in my throat seemed to drop down into my lungs. That left me short of breath and when it didn't go away I went to the doctor in June. She said it was a viral infection in my lungs that was going around and it would take a couple months for it to go away. I went back in October as it wasn't getting any better and she gave me an antibiotic because she could see something in my sinuses plus an inhaler to make the breathing easier. They both worked as desired but the lung thing stayed. When I went for my annual physical at the VA in December she sent me to X-ray to see what the lungs looked like and that came back all ok. It has s-l-o-w-l-y improved since then but I still use the inhaler once in a while to help. I'm still short of breath compared to what I was like before but it is improving.

Thank you for the info, and the thing is none of these doctors including my primary have given me anything for it, other than the IB profen for the imnflammation, I don't have a cough or anything like that it's just shortness of breath I can't even sleep well at night because I'll wake up all of a sudden with the feeling of not being able to breath. I guess I just have to see if there is some sort of inhaler they can give me to help, thank you for the reply

I have the Albuterol inhaler which cost me about $70 at my local RiteAid where my doctor sent the prescription. I found it at the on line pharmacy I use for less than half that but I now get it from the VA with a $9 copay.

I know this is not medical but I assure you this try God and see.tell him to help because there certain things which may never have anything with the physical.soo go on yr knees and ask him to help you