for the past year i've been experiencing heart pains, shortness of breathe while going up the stairs, and sometimes i begin to feel lightheaded, like i just need to put my head down or i dont feel right. last february i had a chest x-ray and it came back negative. i went to my doctor and he said a change wouldn't have occurred since then . is that really true ? does anyone know what these things could be a symptom of? i also sometimes feel like not doing anything but laying down, for i fear if i do a lot something could happen. im only a teenager so i really don't think it could be anything serious. however, my mom seems to think it is anxiety but even when im not worried about something, i get chest pain. i'm really scared . be help

hi, i just read your post and i wanted to tell you that i feel the exact same way. I often feel lightheaded or like I might pass out. sometimes this feeling stays all day, or sometimes it just comes on suddenly and then I have to go lay down. I have never actually passed out, but I am always terrified that I will. I also stopped exercising or doing a lot of physical activity because I get scared that something will happen to me. So, i guess this feeling is normal for anxiety sufferers.

Hi. I get these symptoms with anxiety but my doctor only diagnosed this after ruling out other things. Go to your doctor explain your symptoms and ask for an ECG. I dont want to alarm you and i am sure there is nothing wrong but they are also signs of a heart complaint (chances of it bieng heart related in a teenager are almost zero) but better be safe than sorry right good luck and let me know if you want to chat ive been through a lot with anxiety just lately and have had almost every odd feeling you can imagine

HI I was surprised when I read this I have the same thing going on with me... Only I've also been having cheat pains... I've a high pain taleranc, but the pain in my chest offten gets so bad it brings me to tears.... I also had dizzy spells, they'll come on when I strech or rest my hand against a wall some times they'll get to where I feel like the room is spinning and everything goes black for just a moment and when the lights are back on I feel increadable tierd and out of breath....but the shortness of breath happens all the time not just after a dizzy spell.... I'm afraid that one day I'll faint or pass out and hit my head or something, so I've stoped streahcing or reaching to high shelfs but they've started happenning when I walk across a room or sit up, the other day it happened when I reached for the remote that was setting right next to me on the coach, I finally went to My doctor last month and she did this test to see if it was a heart attake (which is odd because I'm only 16) and of course it wasn't, she also did a chest X-ray, but saw nothing unusual, she then had me take a breathing test, which I supose went well because she didn't call back with the resalts or if she did my mm didn't tell me about which would mean it didn't show anything.... I'm starting to keep a diary of the times and dates of when I have dizzy spells and chest pains and what not I'm hopeing that I can show it the my doctor and that will it help her... if she finds out what it is I'll get back on here and let yall know whats what and what not....

Hi
You are getting panic attacks.
Do a google search & you will see

Dont worry I get them as well. It happens alot in cars. I know they are scary but there is treatment & its not serious

I had this problem, went to a neurosurgeon and found that I have Syncope due to extremely low blood pressure and extremely low heart rate. It's not all that uncommon. My case was slight so I was told not to do anything about it unless it got worse. My symptoms were light headedness, blackouts, and heart pains.

Celebrity
Sounds like panic attacks. The key to alleviating my panic and anxiety was interrupting the fear cycle before it took hold by catching the thinking errors that cause the anxiety and countering those thoughts in a tea form. The book we used in my cbt group by Sam Obitz is the one I recommend start doing the tea form exercise and you will learn how keep from going into a panic cycle over irrational thoughts and physical symptoms that are not dangerous. Once you learn how to train your brain to interupt the panic cycle your symptoms will disappear.

I did not get over the hump in controlling my panic attacks and anxiety until I learned cbt and began countering my thoughts in TEA forms. They will help you establish new ways of thinking that serve as an innoculation against anxiety.

Celebrity
Great job but keep doing your TEA forms even though you are feeling better now because they reinforce the new ways of thinking and will keep the anxiety from reoccurring!

I feel the exact same way. Everyone says its anxiety >;) but I dont believe it. I dont feel stess or anything and it still comes to me. THe pain stay forever and I lose my breath...sometimes I lose my breath all together o.O and cant breathe and the lightheadedness makes it worse... :-( I go to the doctor and they said, "The body is under stress even when you dunno it." Well...that's stupid bcuz if you're happy then seriously?! How can your body be under stress? Even if so would a 3 year old todler have stress ? Most likely not. I've had this my whole life and I've got a straight answer that makes sense ! ! !

Have you ever been tested for allergies/asthma?

(food, pollen, ragweed, mold etc)

I have nasty allergies; Hay fever and allergy induce asthma year around-

Allergic reaction can make you feel like you have heart problems and or having a panic attack.

Congrats! Nice job on briefly summarizing David Clark's theory of panic disorder! You explain these well but there's one thing I must disagree with -- these ppl DO NOT have panic disorder! believe me, if they did, they would know. Their symptoms are different.

oh my gosh i just told my mom that i was having those exact same symptoms and im going to the doctor tomorrow. she thinks its nothing. i only told her that it was happening for 2 weeks though its been happenning on and off for 2 years. i was board so i looked up my symptoms and it was scary how it desribed every thing even the car thing!

I started having those exact symptoms about 8 days ago. I went to the ER two days ago because of a sever panic attack. Or thats what the doctor says. I don't know if its GAD (general anxiety disorder) or something worse. My panic attacks are happening nearly all the time now and its really hard to prevent them. I hope you find the answer to your problem. Good luck!

Celebrity
Thanks Vince, but which symptoms are different? Most are the same classic symptoms my panic disorder started with. Thanks.