I just had ACDF surgery at C3-4 five days ago. I had a very large bone spur pressing on the C4 nerve root and had been living with the pain for a long time. I had shoulder surgery 3 months ago and my surgeon recommended that I see a neurosurgeon, which I did and we decided that it would be in my best interest to have surgery. I can't tell you how good I feel. My shoulder feels great and I have no pain at all. I had all of the post-op issues such as sore throat and trouble swallowing and neck pain, but all is getting better. I am only taking Tylenol at this point. I read hundreds of posts from people and I just wanted to tell anyone out there who is contemplating surgery, that it was well worth it to me. I have another spur at C5-6 but going to wait on that and see how it goes. The only surprise to me was the length of my surgery, which ended up being 2 1/2 hours. It didn't matter to me as I was asleep anyway. I think a lot of this comes down to who you have doing your surgery. I did my research and my surgeon was top notch.

Thanks for that positive feedback.  I am having a two level ACDF in just under two weeks, and it is very reassuring to read this.