My mother started to complain about aching pain that comes and go for a few months already. Now I realized she must feel terrible because of this kind of a pain in her legs. I do not understand what it could be so I want to ask you. Can you tell me what could be the reason for this aching pain that comes and goes? I want to know why this happening to her, so I need some reasonable explanation.

I know how it strikes when you walk a distinct pain or cramping in your calf. When you stop for a few minutes, aching pain goes away. When person with such problem continue on, this aching pain comes back. The fact is you should not simply chalk this up to getting a bit older and retire your walking shoes. Instead, you should recommend your mother to head to her doctor's office. Her leg aching pain that comes and go may be claudication. This is most often a symptom of peripheral arterial disease, a potentially serious but treatable circulation problem. Walking may actually become a key component of her treatment program, and a way to return to an active lifestyle. The most common reason for this problem is atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis can develop in any of arteries, especially those in heart, so when atherosclerosis affects arms and legs it is called peripheral arterial disease, which could be an explanation for this aching pain that comes and go.