I'm new to this and not sure who reads these and how often, but here it goes. I had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago today. After the first week I felt pretty good and no problems eating. first re-check with surgeon said it all looked good. following week had severe pain above the bellybutton to the right of one of my incisions. Felt like someone was stabbing me with a burning knife and was painful even to touch. called the surgeons office and they said it was normal. lasted about 3 days and went away for 2. then came back for a week and I called the surgeon again this past monday and told them. said it was probably normal but moved my 5 week check up one week. tuesday still hurt, wed. not as bad, fine by thursday and just a tiny sore when i would bend over. Surgeon saw me that day said no hernia and probably scar tissue. Wait six weeks and if still bothers me to call and he'll ask for a cat scan. Well again today (sat.) hurts like hell again! It's a stabbing burning pain in the same area and very sensitive too to even touch it! Is this just gas maybe or scar tissue and my body just slowly recovering? Anyone else feel anything like that and it comes and goes? Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. thanks!

I had my gallbladder removed 2 months ago and a hernia repair to the bellybutton area and I have experienced discomfort off and on since. I did pretty well recovering from surgery and ate very bland after and if I eat very much I feel like my rib cage is tight and wants to explode. It comes and goes. I also had a cat scan at the 6 weeks time to make sure nothing else wrong and that was ok. I am feeling a little better all over and more like myself but would be great if this stabbing pain below the ribs in area comes and go expecially after eating or walking or jogging. It makes me not want to exercise. I have not had a diet coke or an acholic drink since 2 weeks before surgery and no fried food. I am trying to do good choices and thought things would be better after surgery. I have talked to others that have been great right away and doing better and no pain. It makes it very frustrating.

I am 8 weeks post op and keep getting a burning sensation where my gallbladder used to be. I don't know why - dr keeps saying it's normal. Are either of you doing better now?

I got home last Wednesday after work to find my wife doubled over and literally screaming in agony, about 10 mins after eating a bowl of soup !

We rushed to the hospital, thinking "poison", but found it to be gall stones. Thuursday afternoon she had laparoscopic surgery to remove the bladder, and also had images of the area made to see if there were any outside the bladder itself.

There were, and she still had a "tight, tense" feeling under her right breast, where the original pain had been. Today (Sat) she had a procedure to remove those (15 mins !). After that she was agaain in extreme agony but we believe that this was because of spasming of the area just suctioned up, and letting her sleep under (heavy) painkillers let her relax and there seems to be little or no pain remaining.

From this one might imagine that it could be relatively easy to miss a very small stone, which might then become the locus of further trouble ...

Note: I am NOT a doctor, and this is in no way the opinion of a qualified medical person. I'd recommend pushing your doctors into less of a "wait-and-see" atttitude !

4 weeks ago I had my gallbladder removed. I had the same sensation through the incision where my gallbladder was removed. It is a twisted nerve. I had 8 injections trying the hit the nerve. The nerve kept moving.... I am now on a nerve pill that helps relieve the pain until full recovery. I am not allowed to exercise, lift over 15 lbs., etc... for 3 weeks. Hopefully, it will work!! I know it's been a year, but I hope you feel better!