I am hoping that there is someone out there who knows what I am talking about.  I am experiencing a lump in my throat that comes and goes.  If I am stressed out, it is more prominent. And now, I have a clicking or static noise in ear when I swallow. I don't have difficulty drinking water, or eating. But when I eat it seems like it feels worse.  I do have Acid Reflux, and some anxiety issues.  And of course looking anything up on the web sends me into Panic mode. Of which I know better than to try and diagnose myself.  If I drink alcohol, it relaxes it.  But I know that isn't healthy to keep doing, even though it does help. I'm uncertain if it could be the Acid Reflux, if it's Anxiety, or if it could be something else?  Anyone else experiencing this?  Also, will be going to see my Doctor tomorrow to start the process of what could be going on.  Thanks!

Hello Amierin,

I hope your doctor's visit went well.  Sounds like you have some anxiety problems.  I know when I get anxious I get a lump in my throat as well.  The ear problem might be TMJ.  TMJ is the temporal mandibular joint.  Sometimes due to stress you can clench your teeth and tense your jaw.  This causes this joint to come out of alignment.  I can be painful when this happens.  Often you get a pain around the ear and up to the eye when you try to talk or eat/drink something.  Sometimes you can hear a clicking from the joint being out of alignment.  When you go to bed try lying on your back with two pillows under your head.  Let your jaw relax and keep you teeth unclenched and relaxed and see if that doesn't help. 

What did you find out from your doctor? I am having the same thing and cant get in to see a doctor until next week.

I am having the same issues, what did your dr. have to say

I am having the same issues.