Hi, my son is 15 years old I believe he is depressed due to acne on his face. He is embraced to go in public, because he worries how does he look like. Is there any connection between acne and depression?

Although, it seems insignificant to you, to teenagers it’s a big problem. If your child has acne and is not excepting it well, don't just deny this problem, because acne can be associated with clinical depression. Teenagers are more vulnerable to their outlook and how people are taking them, so they get depressed easily. Acne can cause feelings of low self-esteem and self-consciousness. Embarrassment due to unsatisfactory physical appearance is often seen in teenagers. The consequences of negative body image can be serious. Some teenagers even go to such extreme that they wish to be dead and commit a suicide.