I think my 17y/o daughter is depressed and that is why I need some info on teen depression and though it is not like she has some serious problem but basically it is all about her weight and physical outlook. The thing is that she keeps thinking she is fat and refuses to eat along with us and has become anxious also and if she keeps going like this I am afraid it could affect her health condition seriously. I don't know actually what to worry more about is it her possible eating disorder or it is just about being teenager and that is why I need info on teen depression for it is more likely she is depressed and I am not good in dealing with it so far.

Being a teenager is not easy at all and it is more likely your teenager is being depressed but if it is triggered by her eating disorder than I would advice professional help consisting of psychotherapy and nutrition counseling and the main thing here is adopting healthier lifestyle. Anyway I would say your teenager is in double trouble regarding her eating disorder condition that she should try to solve as fast as possible-your help would be essential here but on the other hand she is now also prone to experience emotional disturbances due to the hormonal changes in her organism but you need to be patient for you know how teenagers are alike –melancholic and sad so you keep in mind you will probably have hard time dealing with your teen depression and don't leave her alone for the lack of emotional support could stress her causing her even worse depression.

Good reply Ernesta.
You're right. Your daughter may need help but how long has this problem been actually going on? I know as a parent it could seem like the hours are creeping and she's had this problem forever but actually look at the dates. Try to remember when this all happened. Is it simply teenage hormones or did a stressful event occur in you and your daughter's past. Many times teenagers, especially females, feel a lack of control in their life. School is going nowhere, parents are divorced, maybe friends are talking about sexual experiences and she feels left out or something. It can be a number of things. Some girls turn this outward feeling of lack of control inward. They feel a sense of control by determining their weight. This they can control, but this can turn into an eating disorder. However let's not jump to conclusions - maybe she's simply stressed. Teenagers can often feel as though their future is no longer within reach. So they have to focus completely on the Now. This includes physical appearance. The best thing is to be there for her. If things get too bad politely suggest that her worries may not even be her fault. Suggest that there may be a hormonal or chemical imbalance which can be easily fixed by a doctor, and such imbalances are almost always temporary. This will allow her to try and think her feelings out logically, and keep you from appearing like a bad guy who's accusing her of being stupid or something. Try it out. Perhaps ask her if she wan't to type out some questions here on the Study Health site!