I've suffered from moderately severe acne for 2-3 years now im 17. and I can't take it anymore. I've started missing classes because of it and think I may drop out of college because of it. I'm almost sure im depressed, it's effected my social life greatly, I feel I can't even live a normal life until it has gone. I havn't considered suicide but I feel like I don't want to live my life like this anymore.

I think I would not be able to get prescribed for accutane as my acne isn't the most severe i've ever seen. I have tried controlling it with diet and supplements and it helps but i'm still breaking out and feel like it's just pointless even trying. I can't look at people in the eyes, hate my photo being taken, find it hard to make conversation and enjoy myself.

I don't know what to do :'(

ProActive?

OR

Try taking a cotton pad/ball and putting alcohol on it and using it to clean your face with at night. It will help dry up acne and oily skin.

**If you would like I can give you my FACIAL ROUTINE. I don't have a acne problem, but I do like to have clean skin.**

Thanks for the response. I havn't tried the alcohol method but feel it would only work on my forehead - where I get acne due to greasy skin, I get it on my chin / mouth and t he side of my face even though I have fairly dry / normal skin there.

It would be very helpful if you could post your routine - nothing would make me happier at the moment than clear skin.

Thanks

Ok here's my routine...I do it two or three times a week but no more than that.

First: Wash you face with CLEAN & CLEAR MORNING BURST FACIAL CLEANSER--use it even if it's not morning time--lol.

Rinse.

Second: Wash your face with BIORE PORE PERFECT BLEMISH FIGHTING ICE CLEANSER.

Rinse.

Dry face.

Third: Clean with cotton pad/ball and alcohol--it's most likely gonna burn--sorry, but beauty is pain--lol.

Fourth: Wash face with ST. IVES APRICOT SCRUB.

Rinse.

Fifth: Wet face and use ST. IVES MINERAL CLAY FIRMING MASK--read directions on bottle.

Rinse.

Sixth: Spray face with HONEST TO GOODNESS SIMPLY NATURAL ANTI-OXIDANT TONING MIST.

Allow to dry.

Finally, on your bad problem areas use NEUTROGENA RAPID CLEAR ACNE DEFENSE FACE LOTION--you use this two or three times a day and you can see results within 8 hours...your acne will not be completely gone but you will see the redness going away.

On the days you do this, DO NOT wash your face with alcohol that night. It will BURN!!

Your face will look really shiny after you do this so make sure you are done for the day and don't have to go out anywhere.

Another thing, make sure you are not touching your face throughout the day. Our fingers carry a lot of oil and touching your face just adds to facial oiliness.

Also, if you wear make-up, apply your liquid base with a make-up sponge, cotton ball/pad...do NOT use your fingers because of the oil thing I just explained.

Ok, I hope this works for you. It has worked for me.

Let me know how things turn out.

Good luck!!

thanks for that :-D now its the weekend im trying the 3 day apple diet i've heard so much about. Skeptical but i'm desperate now. If it doesnt work, which it probably wont, ill try your routine in the week.

Its so upsetting when everyone around me eats way worse food and cares less for their skin and are acne free. :-(

It's not the foods you eat. That's just a myth. It's your skin and genes.