I need some ADD treatment info in adults. My wife is diagnosed with ADD soon after her labor. I always thought this illness can't occur in adult age but I was wrong. I'd like to help my wife so I'd like to hear some ADD treatment info in adults and how it could be treated. Thanks

It is more likely your wife has what is well known as "baby blues" that usually doesn't last longer than a few months after having a baby, but also it may get some more severe form described as ADD-attention deficit disorder. I experienced baby blues and I know if it is not treated it may turn into more severe form of this disorder. I was on antidepressants for some period of time for having suffer from ADD actually means your wife is anxious and depressed at the first place due to the hormonal changes that provokes mood changes and high sensitivity manifested in psychic and mental I was also recommended to follow some psychosocial treatment which is usually consisted of group or individual treatment, or the therapy may be based on family or coach treatment as well as home organizing schedule. Anyway I know that individual therapy is the best for woman suffering from ADD after labor. This type of therapy might be based on cognitive, behavioral or insight focused therapy.

My ADHD was never diagnosed till last year and I waS 42..Sad to say over the years I was diagnosed with everything else example: depressing,bi-polar,rage...I can go on and on but thank god I ended up getting a professional and with going back to looking at grade school,high school report and after talking how it was before and during my period..Also have a lot of tests done I was diagnosed with adhd.. adha or add it`s a dopamine definiency and the only way to help someone suffering from this is medication which is stimulates..There are many..For adults usually Vyvance which is new on the market but takes almost a month to fully work...It was hard because of the mmod changes..Anothers are Addrerall xr ,concerta,focalin,daytrana and there are more..You should really get a specialist doctor to properly diagnose her..Family doctors are not that dependable to properly diagnose.. There are many signs for adhd and with woman during periods or after labour and premenapausal because of hormone changes can really affect someone with add or adhd..So really seek the advise of a professional..There are site that can tell u symptoms of add

or adhd..Look it up..I hope this has helped u..