Hello everyone. My wife and my little daughter are diagnosed with same heart issue. They both have atheroma. I don't know how and why, I didn't know what this is that common and I didn't know that two person who are related can have it at the same time. But now unfortunately I do know. I don't even know what is the cause, can cause be the same for both? I really need your help before I go to talk to our doctor. Can you tell me what are the causes of Atheroma in adults and children, Thanks in advance. 

Good day there.

You don’t have idea how sorry I am because of it. It can be very dangerous.

Atheroma is the cause of various cardiovascular diseases such as angina, heart attack, stroke and peripheral vascular disease. It is very dangerous, for kids and for adults as well. Risk factors for Atheroma are factors that do not seem to be a direct cause of the disease, but seem to be associated in some way. I know that my friend never find out what was the cause of her disease. Having a risk factor for Atheroma makes the chances of getting a condition higher but does not always lead to Atheroma. Also, the absence of any risk factors or having a protective factor does not necessarily guard you against getting Atheroma.

Good day. I am reading this and I just can’t believe. You know why? Because my good friend and her both kids have the same problem. Three of them have atheroma. It is really bad and pretty ugly situation, but you need to find out how to deal with it. I don’t know what are the causes in children, because I didn’t have a heart to ask her this. But I asked her what are the causes of this diagnose in adults. Well, cholesterol is definitely one of them. As you already know, cholesterol is a fat made by the liver from the saturated fat in your diet. Cholesterol is essential for healthy cells, but too much in the blood can lead to CHD.

This is the first time that I hear about case like this one. And I just can tell you how sorry I am. I hope that you discuss about the possible causes with your doctor, because we can tell you some of them, but we can’t tell you all of them. I see that someone already wrote the causes that can happen in adults, so I will try to explain you the causes of atheroma in children. I know that hypertension can be a risk factor for it. It is high blood pressure and generally it is very serious condition. There are various other conditions for which this issue is a risk factor, but I do know that this is a huge risk factor in Atheroma as well.

Hello everyone. This is a potentially fatal condition which needs immediate medical attention and it needs to be treated, it doesn’t matter are you older or younger. If atheroma affects the arteries supplying the brain, then it may hamper the functions of brain, thereby leading to a stroke. There are a lot of potential causes of it. But I definitely do know what can help you in the treatment. For example, lifestyle modifications such as maintaining optimal weight and regular physical exercises like running, brisk walking, cycling and swimming are helpful in preventing the progression of this pathogenic process. Good luck.