I take 30mg XR in the AM. In the PM I start to get tired and drink coffee, instead of taking additional ADDERALL, to get me through the end of the day. I feel that the coffee is not working at all. Does the ADDERALL cancel out the caffine????

the caffeine just can't compare to the benchmark-like adderall

The caffeine made me more alert, but caused me to have insominia while I take adderall. I used to be highly addicted to caffeine. Now I don't feel like I am rushing to get tea or coffee constantly just for the pickup. Although, I also find I don't feel like eating or drinking, so I have to remember to drink, otherwise I get dehydrated. I didn't sleep well, and it eventually made it so nothing was working if I used caffeine with the adderall. I stopped the caffeine and went back to no other stimulants besides adderall and I felt more normal. My brain was so full of stimulants between the caffeine, ginseng in my tea and the adderall I could not think straight.(parts of my brain were over simulated, it actually caused the opposite result) I wasn't jittery, I just couldn't remember things when I would try and concentrate on difficult tasks. I would say, stay away from all other simulants if possible. I have had ups and downs with the drug and started effexor, but I get too dizzy. I am trying a lower dose, but find after one day I am getting the dizziness back.

I would also say that the adderall made me more open sexually and have done things I would not have done otherwise. Of course it wasn't until after I was on the drugs for a while, I reread that statement on the warning labels. I think the combination of the effexor also contributed. I don't know if it is just the mood booster that makes someone more attractive that they get attention, or if it is something else. However, the effexor affected my ability to orgasm, which is no good. Either way, I have tried being off of adderall all together just to see if I could do the same kind of mental concentration and I find it difficult to do.

I think some of the aging takes affect, because we don't get the sleep we need if we are taking too much. I get dark circles under my eyes if I don't get the sleep I need. Otherwise, people say I look younger than my real age. I have only taking adderall the last 6month; I tried it a few years ago, with good results, but went off of it, and now I am back on it, with success. I find myself easily discouraged when I feel I can't control things in my life. I am very disorganized and messy. I feel like I am the worst I have ever been, but it possibly could be the circumstances I am in. I feel like I actually have some sort of brain damage, because my vision is impacted. My right eye especially. It seems more like a brain problem rather than my actual eyes, because I can have real clear days and other days I just don't see straight. The computer makes it worse. I really wish I could get a brain scan to really see what is going on. I have fallen skiing and in sports, have a bad back and really wonder if the environment, stress, and falls have caused some brain damage that wasn't there before. I also wonder about the paint fumes from remodeling projects have taken a toll.

I appreciate your comments on the Caffine, and I will be interetsed if my desire/need for the 5 Vente cups of coffee I drink regularly are not as 'needed or craved'. On you eyesight thing, you are describing the early onsets of Glaucoma, which you need to have looked at! Glaucoma is a serious side effect of Adderall. Call your doctor!