I am interested about caffeine. Everytime I drink coffee, which is alot, I am wondering about it. I know some basic stuff about it. However, I would like to know more.

Caffeine is found coffee beans, tea leaves, cocoa leaves and kola nuts and in it’s pure form it is a white powder. However, we don’t usually see it in this form. It is also found in chocolate and coffee–flavoured ice cream. It is also an important ingredient in headache and cold medicines and in stay–awake pills. Coffee has more caffeine than tea and caffeine can improve our mood slightly. It can make us more aware of our surroundings and make us less sleepy. Caffeine increases our blood pressure, body temperature and the rate of our metabolism and it gives us less appetite. A lot of caffeine has a lot of other effects like anxiety, depression, stomach problems and an irregular heart beat. Caffeine also affects the calcium in the body and can weaken our bones. Caffeine is mildly addictive because as our body gets used to caffeine, it needs more of it to get the same effect like before. This means that someone who regularly drinks coffee, they can become mildly dependent on caffeine.