I wanna know if anyone come off metformin at all?  I want to get off of this junk because it makes me sick.  Worried if I can't and have to hav  it for the rest of my life.  Yuck.  I hate being sick all the time.  Maybe insulin would be better than this.  Can I ask my doctor about going on insulin instead of being on metformin?  This would be a great thing to get off the prescription pills all right. I am ready to get off of them now.  Is there any advice for me to get a different med or anything?? Would like to have my life go back to normal and feel good and not feel sick.  There's got to be a better way.  I am wanting to be able to eat good again. Can someone tell me what to do and whaat I can do? 

I know that your doctor will be reluctant in letting you go on insulin at this point.  Doctors try to put insulin therapy off until the last resort in their diabetic patients.  Why? Because it is better for your body to use its own insulin control than for exogenous insulin be given.  It is riskier to give insulin injections because of the chance of hypoglycemia to occur.  Metformin helps your body use its own regulatory system and makes your cells more insulin sensitive so that you can achieve optimal blood sugars.  I don’t know how long you have been on metformin but if it hasn’t been very long, you may find that your side effects will go away in time.  Diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting are common side effects the first few weeks of metformin therapy.  If you can stick it out, you may find they will go away.  You can also ask the doctor for a different oral med if your symptoms just will not cease after a month.