My grandfather has been experiencing a lot of problems with breathing. He has some obstructive way disease and it should be treated with meds if he is to get better. But, he is such a stubborn man, always saying that he does need medications and that he is just fine. Could Albuterol inhaler cause some problems?

Well, Albuterol is known to have some side effects that might end the therapy prematurely. Still, it is used because it is very effective in dealing with bronchospasm (prevents it actually) and air passages obstructions. Even though it is effective, you should watch out for allergic reaction that might cause serious complications.

Usually albuterol inhalers are used as "rescue inhalers". That means people use them to keep air flowing until they can receive other medications or treatment but they do prescribe sometimes as a treatment also. Anytime your body is struggling to get air it is hard on your heart so I would absolutely not ignore or just not treat my symptoms. There is nothing wrong with taking a medication if necessary and shouldn't be looked at as a weakness.