I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea few months ago, and my doctor recommended me to have CPAP. I have a friend who has been on CPAP treatment before and he told me something that worried me. He said he had daytime fatigue and fuzzy-headedness, which were all caused because of CPAP problems. That is why I want to hear a little bit more about possible problems I could expect after CPAP is done. Somehow, I cannot believe doctors will perform some procedure to help us, which might cause some other problems, so I need any info about it.

It is true that CPAP might cause some of problems, and there is nothing that doctor can do to prevent CPAP problems. For example, nasal stuffiness is common with CPAP use. If you did not have nasal stuffiness, congestion or runny no se before starting CPAP treatment, it maybe caused by the CPAP, which is commonly. The usual solution to try is a humidifier on your CPAP I would recommend you preferably a heated humidifier. You may have trouble getting your insurance to pay for it, but most now cover the cost as it helps improve CPAP problems in most patients as it helps eliminates nasal stuffiness. Most of people find it is more comfortable on the sinuses. With CPAP problems, you can try using a saline nasal spray or cold medications, which might help. Some though cannot tolerate using a CPAP when they have a cold, but sleeping without a CPAP is dangerous. That is why you have to try finding something that works for you in relieving the congestion. Mouth breathing with a CPAP is a common and major problem with CPAP use also.