Have taken percocet 5/325, generic oxycodone w/apap 5/325, endocet 5/325 and roxicet 5/325. The roxicet caused a severe allergic reaction within an hour of taking 1/2 a dose. I had severe difficulty breathing which fortuneatly was reversed by a dose of benadryl. I would like to know what is in the roxicet that is not in the others that would cause this reaction.

the difference between generics and brand names is what's in the inert ingredients..... but the active medicine is the same..... you may be allergic to an inert ingredient in one that is not in the other........ I am the opposite from you, I was having an allergic reaction to percocet in the hospital, but have taken percocet successfully in the past, so they put me on roxicet..... Also, allergies can be the difference between mother nature and a chemical they have produced in the laboratory... like opiates are found in nature, there is a codeine that contains the natural opiate and others that contain its chemical derrivative. One can be allergic to the natural source, but not the chemical "reproduction" or vice-versa. Different drugs affect different people different ways... only one factor that can make finding the 'right' treatment sooo difficult & often frustrating for the patient & health care provider, alike.