I am 17 years old and I have my period for 3 years already. Anyway, last month I started to swim a lot and I do it 5 times a week. I have a question that I cannot understand. I wanted to buy tampons to use it during my period while I am on the swimming pool. Then, one friend of mine told me she is allergic to tampons, and that worried me. Could it really be some person has allergy to tampons, or she is kidding with me.

You have to know that each materials used in tampons have been thoroughly tested, prior to use in our product. A small number of people may be uniquely sensitive to materials, and it is possible to have allergy to tampon. Anyway, the vast majority of individuals can tolerate tampons without problem. Deodorant tampons have deodorants, which are a form of perfume. While deodorants do not cause infections, some individuals are sensitive to the ingredients used while a tampon has been made. We cannot say whether you will be able to use deodorant tampons without difficulty, and are you allergic or not. All I can say there is rare situation and you should not be worried about allergy first time you have your tampon. Usage of tampons has many positive effects, for example, menstrual odor occurs when menstrual fluid is exposed to air. However, the choice of menstrual protection is an individual decision. I think in your case tampons are better, because it might helps to make your period less stressful by allowing you to continue all of your normal activities, including swimming. In addition, internal protection prevents anyone else from knowing you are menstruating.

I too have an allergy to tampons , but my doctor cant really explain why. It really upsets me as I really want to be able to wear them but when I do I come out in a rash around my genitals and I start to feel faint and nauseous. I have been told this is very rare .

Try organic tampons if you are worried. Stay away from anything with perfumes in it, including panty liners! ick.

I think I might be allergic to tampons, cuz ever since I started using them, I can't have sex cause it feels like someone is cutting up my insides, and when I pee I have a burning sensation. But when I use a pad im perfectly okay, so I was wondering should I stop using tampons and just go back to using pads?

if you are in fact allergic to tampons try reading the book c**t by Inga Muscio, she discusses a great and safe alternative to tampons and pads

There is a line of organic and natural tampons and sanitary pads that is specifically made for women with allergies or sensitivities to the regular stuff. It's called Maxim. They worked for me; I hope it will work for you too. To find them just google "maxim tampons" and you can purchase them off a variety of websites. Good luck!

try soft cup, really works, google softcup and you see the info...

Im allergic to tampons the only ones I can use is U by Kotex