I know the use of tampons to absorb body fluids is in common practice. Actually, I know tampons are also used for more purposes beside vaginal tampons. One friend of mine told me that somewhat less common, but never the less important, is use of tampons in the application of medication to specific areas of the body. Now I would like to hear something about this, is it true. Is it normal to use tampons for hemorrhoids that bleed.

It is common use that medicated tampons may be applied to a specific body area. Although it is intended primarily for rectal use in the care of hemorrhoids and rectal fistula, it may also be used to advantage in other body cavities. For example, those are areas such as the vagina, uterus, external auditory canal, etc. I have to tell you hemorrhoids are one of the most common afflictions of man. It can often be treated medically by the direct application of certain medicines such as local anesthetics, astringents, corticosteroids, et cetera. It should be done directly to the enlarged veins comprising the hemorrhoids. It is apparent that direct application of such medication, acting for a prolonged period, such as over a period of many hours, would be advantageous in hemorrhoid therapy. However, the truth is presently available medication is usually supplied as a local ointment or as a suppository. The disadvantages of the former are that it is messy and does not reach internal hemorrhoids. Those are hemorrhoids within the rectum. That is why, problem appear since this is not affecting the most common form of hemorrhoids. The disadvantage of the latter is that it is also messy and when inserted into the rectum, the suppository quickly melts and disperses in the vicinity of the hemorrhoids, but most of the medication is lost in the rectal vault and thus not available to the hemorrhoid tissue long enough to be effective.

I am a hemroid sufferer and it is NOT a pleasant experience. At the moment none of the OTC remedies are working and I don't have any money to buy the miracle cures offered on the internet. This evening I was soaking and thought about the tampons I have in my bathroom... For that past 3 hours the only relief I have experienced is me phyiscialy pushing the hemroid up into the cavity.....I ventured to use a small tampon and much to my surprise it actually works....

Over the past six months I have been in agony with how bad mine get. I didn't even think about tampons till this past weekend. I bleed profusely when I use the toilet and as horrible as it is have to aid my rectum to be able to go to the toilet. I bought tampons and I'm using them as they seem to give me relief for a few days and they do help. I'm embarrassed to admit to anyone I know I'm doing this as I'm a guy and I don't know how I'll be looked upon, but nothing else works. I think now it'll be a regular thing. Whatever works right?! No fun but they're a little relief.

As a guy, I also investigated tampons. Because women use them on their periods, I knew they worked for blood. I had also read how some people had used them for very watery diahrrea when nothing else helped to get temporary relief and some rest, instead of being up every bit to squirt some more on the toilet.

My rectal bleeding is heavy sometimes and light/none on other days, with 2-3 days almost every month heavy. Tried changing diet, eating more fiber, drinking more water, etc., but nothing seemed to help. Was sometimes bleeding into my underwear, so I tried tampons and menstrual pads. I almost look at it as having a period. On the heavier days, I wear a tampon inside along with a menstrual pad on the outside. I have had to wear panties to keep the pad tightly against where it needs to stay, because it flopped around in the underwear.

I would very embarrassed if anyone found out I had to use feminine hygiene products or wore panties to keep a pad in place and worry about if pantylines are showing or the pad showing sometimes, but I would far more embarrassed if I was bleeding in front of everyone with a big wet bloody mess on my pants.