Ive noticed that now when I use tampons and pads I feel very uncomfortable and itching alot. Theres always alot of redness also. I tried buying unscented products and it doesnt help. It just seems like ive never had this problem before and now I do. I wasnt sexually active for six months.

Hi Nicole! When manufacturers make tampons and pads, they use bleach, this can REALLY cause a lot of problems for women and babies with diapers! If you go to the local health food store and look for "natural" pads and tampons - they don't use bleach! They are beige but who cares!!!! ;-) 8-| I could barely use tampons so I know how it feels, also most of them are SO absorbent they can actually absorb your natural oils and dampness and cause chaffing and dryness! So give it a go and see how that works for you OK? Good luck and health honey!

You could look into a DivaCup or any other kind of menstrual cup. It took me a long time to finally buy one, I thought putting it in and taking it out would be gross but I have to say that I would NEVER use a pad or tampon ever again. I never thought I could be so comfortable on my period! I dont have to worry about leaks or anything.... I had the same issue with tampons. My period was always heavy too so I had to change them a lot which was, at times, not possible. You should read up on menstrual cups online, they work wonders! Good luck!

Hi Rainy days! I'm just curious - I don't have a period anymore, due to a hysterectomy - doesn't it create quite the mess when removing it? And also due to getting infections - like those that are caused by leaving in a tampon too long - do you have to take them out regularly? And have you had any accidents with them? I answer quite a few questions on here regarding womens health, so it would help me help others - plus answer my curiosity too!! :-)

LIke Bambi, I am pretty curious to hear as well how this works! Does it create a mess and is there a risk of toxic shock? Let me know if you can. Thanks!