hi, i'm on my period and i decided to use tampons..whenever i put it in i seem to be fine, but when its almost all the way in or in- the area inbetween my hip bones and deep inside of me starts hurting. like someones pinching the middle of that area. this only happens when i'm pushing the tampon that last bit of the way. when i take the packaging off it stops hurting. my mom says im probably hitting a nerve. any ideas?

Hi Ali: Many tampons have a type of packaging around them to enable you to insert them. They are either cardboard or plastic. The cardboard ones I could NEVER use without being hurt like you. I didn't like the plastic - even though I used them - because they had deodorant on them. So my friends told me about the OB tampons - they swear by them. But I don't like the mess! So If I were you I would try a different type, one that is easily held onto the bottom part of the insert, and is rounded at the tip and not open - because if it has cotton or cardboard sticking out, it will be THAT which is hurting you! Also you could be pushing it up a bit too high as well, vaginas are anywhere between 15 - 18 cm in length or 3 1/2 to 5 inches! So if yours is at the lower end of that, then you will have tenderness if you are inserting it close to your cervix. So either way, just try and change the make of your tampon, IF it still continues, try and not push it in so far OK? Hope this helps you! Good luck and health!