To: Nikki's story
I just want to say im so happy that you've recovered. I've read many stories saying that their alopecia is still occurring and gradually comes back, but hearing your story gives me hope that i can have a fast recovery. I know you wrote this story over a year ago and you probably won't be able to see this but I just want to thank you for your beautiful comment on how you're beautiful w or without hair and to keep fighting. I know i will.

AA : My case : Cause - Extreme Stress.

I have alopecia areata since so many years(2-3). It started from a patch on the beard. after a month there was a next patch on the left side. I didn't take it seriously and after 3 weeks there was a patch on my head above the right ear. I consulted a dermat and he gave me Vit c tab with zinc, a hair regrowth pill and cortico-steroids(immuno suppressants). These prescriptions were based on my blood test which showed low levels of VitD3. So he prescribed me Zing D3 tab(based on fish oil).
45 days later my patches had completely gone and no one could say i had AA. I was totally recovered.
But the stress was immense and i had stopped taking the medications. So now i have 2 new spots along with the old ones. One is on my chest in the center where the ribs end.
I have applied all sorts of topical solutions and natural coconut oil and started the medication again(just cortico-steroids and VitD3 tab) but all in vain. Even the ayurvedic medication failed.
Hairfall continues and my hair strands are extremely thin.

Avoid eating : sources of gluten, wheat and dairy products.

Reduce the amount of DHT which attacks hair follicles.

Newly discovered solution : 3 day fasting to reboot and rejuvinate immune system.

Also the steroid injections didnt work for me. hair regrowth was very little and the cure wasnt permanent.

Hi can you please send me info on the dxn products.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private info not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi, I just wanted to briefly tell everyone my success story with alopecia. I am a 21 year old female, I found my first patch of hair missing almost exactly a year ago after my 20th birthday. I didn’t get medical advice until after the one patch spread into another of the same size on the other side of my head. I was referred to a dermatologist who recommended the injections but I refused to get them. He prescribed me oral Prednisone insisting that I take it for 28 days. I feel the the Prednisone actually put more stress on my system and made my alopecia worse. 

I found a Trichologist after that (Look this up, find one near you they are hair specialists) she recommended a product called Capillus which is a medical grade laser cap. She also gave me Monat brand hair products, I use the shampoo and spot treatment spray on a daily basis. The Capillus laser I have been using every other day for 6 months and when I started I had almost 50% hair lost and now almost all of it is re grown. I still have about 4 small patches that are really stubborn and I’m still waiting for them to re grow.

I believe that stress is a huge factor in the triggering of our alopecia. I have tried to cut out as much stress as possible, as well as eat healthier (no red meat or dairy) and use only natural products on my hair.

I have almost my full head of hair grown in and I’m getting the rest of the hair that didn’t fall out over the year trimmed to match the length of the new growth at my 6-month follow up this Saturday! 

It is possible to grow your hair back even with advanced alopecia as severe as mine was!

Good luck to everyone battling with this crazy, unpredictable disease. As someone else said, it’s like you almost have to just let it “run its course” through your system. My hair on my head is growing back but I still have almost zero leg hair! Super weird.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Your story sounds exactly like where I am now. Just wondering what ended up happening?

Best article I have read so far. How did you deal with shedding or did you not have this?

Hi, what if anything did he eliminate from his diet, or what exactly was he eating?

Glad to hear you had success Nikki! And alopecia areata, if you can figure out the cause of the problem early, can be successfully treated. However it can become totalis and even universalis which is much more difficult to reverse. But I'm still trying..... :)

Feel the same way. Any improvement?

Does it take a year to regrow my edges and hair back from alopecia areata this is jordan