Hi, I am 21 years old and I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. I am going on physical therapy, exercising and taking medications for reducing the mucus blocking the lung's airways. However, I would like to try an alternative medicine too. Was it helpful for anyone?

Hi, I suffer from cystic fibrosis too. I’m using aerosolized medicines, which I inhale. Bronchodilators are really good because they widen the breathing tubes. I heard that cystic fibrosis will be treated in the future by gene therapy. This condition is a chronic and progressive genetic disease of the glands that produce or secrete sweat and mucus. I have chronic cough, sometimes with blood streaking, viscous mucus secretions in the lungs and all the symptoms of bronchitis. I heard that alternative medicine has its own ways of treating cystic fibrosis, and I decided to try them. Herbs are mostly available as dried extracts and teas. I am using thyme and anise to liquefy mucus, 20 drops two to four times daily. Alternative medicine also offers homeopathy therapy for alleviating respiratory symptoms. These treatments, like antimonium tartaricum and carbo vegetabilis, should be done under the guidance of a licensed, certified homeopath. I think you have nothing to lose with alternative medicine, and you should certainly try it.