Hi, my boyfriend old was diagnosed with hepatitis C a week ago. Since then I got scared about me being infected too, for a long time and having no idea about it. I could’ve infected my current boyfriend, without knowing it. I can’t stand to see test results.

It’s very nice of your old boyfriend to inform you of this serious disease,. because it is spread sexually, or by other blood contacts so you can check it out and treat if necessary. But, there is still a possibility that your boyfriend got infected after your relationship ended. Hepatits C is a very harmful disease since it leads to liver cirrhosis. Liver has natural recovery properties, and until 2/3 of the liver cells (hepatocits) aren’t destroyed it can repair it’s function mostly. If you have hepatitis C infection you will be immunized against hepatitis A and hepatitis B, if they are not already immune.