I need some info about typhoid and hepatitis. My sis got pretty seek recently-she had this high fever that persists despite the meds and also sore throat and muscle and joints pain accompanied with constant fatigue and she ended up with some typhoid condition and she has what is called typhoid fever. Anyway her doc said that this typhoid condition has something to de with her recent visit to Chile though I wonder if this typhoid could be related to hepatitis regarding the fact my sis's husband was diagnosed with hepatitis C few years ago so what do you think about typhoid and hepatitis C –could it be related somehow and does this means my sis also got hepatitis.

I am sure your sis have learned how to behave regarding this hepatitis C situation in sense that she knows what are precaution steps regarding the fact that hep C is being transmitted by contaminated blood and having has typhoid fever has something to do with different sorts of things or better to say life habits especially regarding the basic hygiene patterns anyway this her typhoid fever has a lot to do with her visit to Chile for this sort of disease is very common in countries with open sewage such as Chile and it is being passed from infected persons through stools or urine so it may easily be your sis has earned this bacteria probably through the mouth or elsewhere but it eventually have reached her bloodstream and also this infection usually results in small and large intestines inflammation. You haven't mentioned what she was prescribed but usual typhoid treatment involves antibiotics such as ceftriaxone but still after she is recovered it may happen that bacteria still persists in her organism and so she could be contagious still passing this disease to other people so I must stress you take care of yourself these days for you are also in risk of getting infected. Anyway I advice your sis next time when she is about to visit those countries especially ones with open sewage there is typhoid vaccine and she better have one before gets there.